Saturday, January 15, 2005

 

Media Mapping

So what's the quickest way to come to understand an industry? You've got to create a map of its media.

I want to learn more about the video game industry and so I'm going to start working on a video game industry media map.

What will this media map help me do?

Well, as a micromedia mogul in the making this will help me to see the opportunities for media providers (me) in the video game industry.

Think of the map as a directory. It will be in blog form because that's my current and admittedly weak publishing tool.

But the media itself, I think, will help me to understand more clearly the relationship between videogame manufacturer and videogamer.

My primary interest here though is in creating a media source for the independent game developer. Because this is something I'm completely fascinated with.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?